Anxiety Disorder Treatment Programs and Services in Dayton, OH
It’s natural to experience some worry over the stresses of work and family life. But when mild worry turns to extreme anxiety that interferes with your day-to-day activities, it’s time to ask for help. Persistent or worsening anxiety may be a sign of an anxiety disorder. Those with an anxiety disorder often experience constant and debilitating fear.
You are not alone. The most common type of emotional disorder, anxiety affects about 40 million people in the United States each year. Some variations include:
- Generalized anxiety disorder – Worry about daily life events
- Social phobia – Anxiety over being judged by others
- Panic disorder – Extreme fear of impending doom
- Post-traumatic stress disorder – Fear after experiencing a traumatic event
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder – A need to repeat a routine over and over
- Phobias – An extreme fear of specific people, places or things that do not present an actual danger
Anxiety often occurs along with other medical issues. At Haven Behavioral Hospital of Dayton, we’ll work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that addresses all your medical and psychological needs. Through a combination of medication for depression and intensive therapy strategies, our comprehensive inpatient programs will empower you to effectively manage your symptoms and live a normal, happy life.